About the STEM Learning Project Workshop
The STEM Learning Project workshop is an introduction to the learning materials for public school teachers in Western Australia. These professional development opportunities are currently taking place throughout the Perth metro area and regional Western Australia.
An estimated 75 per cent of all jobs will soon require STEM capabilities and literacies in mathematics, science and technology. Students will also need skills in collaboration, teamwork and creative and critical thinking. Our learning modules are classroom-ready resources designed to equip students to face this challenge.
What Will I Be Learning?
The workshops available provide:
- an understanding of the rationale for STEM education
- Introduction to the instructional model for problem based STEM learning
- Unpack and analyse a sample STEM Learning Project resource module
- Plan for implementation in your classroom, considering integrated and skills based approaches
- foundation for integrated planning, teachers are guided through using a template for their year group to identify content from other learning areas to complement available STEM Learning Project modules
To read what other teachers thought about our workshop please click here.
We’d love to see you at one of our professional learning workshops, workshops are available for delivery on site at your school, at Scitech or online. Please contact us to have a conversation with one of our team to enable the best solution to meet your professional development needs to be identified.